Nottingham Diocesan Liturgical Commission
To value, improve and enrich the liturgical life of the Diocese within a changing context.
- To maintain contact with the Liturgy Office of the Bishop’s Conference and the northern and national consultations and to continue as a corporate member of the Society of St Gregory.
- To foster the establishment of parish liturgy groups.
- To provide ongoing support for parish liturgy groups.
- To keep people informed of developments in liturgy and to share good practice.
- To provide texts for liturgical acts for use within the Diocese at the Bishop’s request or in response to particular need.
- To offer development opportunities for lay people and clergy (in collaboration with Adult Formation and Ongoing Formation).
- To be alert to appropriate opportunities to work ecumenically.